Feat Art: Tan Jia Shin

Back then, I stayed up late at night or even skipped dinner just to catch the classic Disney movies.

Aren't those the great moments in our childhood? I remember how I used to cuddle in an over-sized blanket, sneaking cookies and milk in for the night. 

When this collection of shadow cutout design was submitted, I couldn't help but be amazed at the intricate details and fine handcrafted work. I mean, don't we see this only at sites like Behance or Dribbble?

That's the time when I know I have to feature this work. This wonderful work was done by our Diploma in Graphic & Multimedia Design student, Tan Jia Shin. 

Peter Pan; the boy who wouldn't grow up

Tea time with The Mad Hatter

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Would you exchange your voice to be a human?

It means no worries, for the rest of your days..

Beauty and the Beast 

The cutout design assembled in a frame.

Look at those fine details!







This collection gave Disney a whole new life (I had to refrain myself from singing 'A Whole New World' here) and still the recollection of childhood memories are shone through the high and low key of the shadows. It resembles the new and traditional cultures of cutout design and shadow play. 

My favourite has to be Peter Pan at the clock tower. Which is your favourite? 

0 comments: